We hope this finds you and your family in good health. As the coronavirus situation has unfolded, our community has been through a lot, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to patient & staff safety.
As we prepare to open our office back up, we want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe. We made these adjustments to help better protect our patients and staff in the time of COVID-19:
- Our office will communicate with you before your appointment to ask some screening questions.
- When you arrive at the office, we ask that you call the office to let us know you are here, and we will let you know when to come in to the office.
- We are currently asking that only the patient and, if needed, one partner/spouse accompany the patient into the office.
- As part of the screening, we will take the temperatures of all individuals prior to going into the office. We have a no-contact, infrared thermometer.
- We are asking that everyone enter the office wearing a mask/facial covering.
- We will have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office.
- We will not be using our waiting room. When you come in to the office, you will go directly to the doctor’s office or testing booth.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time. This will also give us time to disinfect any surfaces or equipment that were used.
NEW WALK-IN HOURS
Also, we have changed our walk-in procedures to keep traffic in the office to a minimum. Our new walk-in hours are 11am – 1pm, Monday through Friday. All walk-in service will be exclusively curbside at this time. If you need supplies, have a hearing aid that needs troubleshooting, or need to have your ears checked for wax, we ask that you call once you are in the parking lot, and we will come out to you to help you. If you are purchasing supplies, paying for a repair/replacement, or paying an invoice, please call with your credit or debit card number to minimize contact.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we are taking to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. Our goal is to have our office space be the safest place you visit all day.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors, and friends. We got this!
Lisa C. Alber